Sunday, August 1, 2010

open eyes, testimony

There is one thing above many that I will forever thank the Lord for giving me and that is the experience of having served as a missionary of his church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The time of my life that was spent wearing a badge as a rep. of our Saviour is special for many reasons. I suppose that the biggest one however is the change that i saw take place in my view of the world. THe only way to describe the change I experienced is to somehow relate it to driving down a dark road late at night. I've driven through places during the late of night that don't really seem like much until on the journey back in the light of day, they are the most beautiful places I've ever seen- kind of like my drives from provo to phoenix. That's what my mission was like for me, seeing things as they really are as the Lord really sees them. I am soo grateful for that. I am grateful to know the purpose of life. I know that there was a man called of God and that he made it possible for me to have an opportunity of coming, really coming to know God, his name was Joseph Smith. I am grateful to know this. To have taken a drive where the sun would rise allowing me to see things as they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment